Be Consistently Social
1. BE FREAKING SOCIAL! (Have I said it enough yet?) I know it sounds so simple, but social media wants you to be social. It will help your posts get seen. This is the hands-down biggest thing you can do to increase your social media engagement.
2. Post on your Facebook business page consistently about topics relevant to the interests of your Ideal Client. If you sell bottled water, don’t post a random cat video on your business page. You might post a photo of a dog drinking water, just make sure you own the rights to the image so you don’t end up paying big money for one little image.
3. Do Facebook Live episodes consistently on your business page, even if it’s just to say hi. Weekly is probably your best bet, but some people are awesome on video and should do more. If you feel like it isn’t your medium than just go with one time a week.
4. Post consistently (Ooh! There’s that word consistent again!) on Instagram to increase your social media engagement.
5. Run a free online challenge. People love a good freebie, but keep it short and sweet. People lose interest easily and they’ll quickly hit unsubscribe if you’re annoying them so make sure what you’re sharing has value targeted at your Ideal Client.
Network Like A Pro
6. Submit guest blogs or articles to websites in your niche.
7. Apply to speak at local events. Yes, believe it or not building a community locally can help you grow! Think of how big your network is. Multiply that by one new person you meet at an event. People are more likely to trust someone they know so referrals and positive connections can mean big rewards!
8. Host a virtual summit. Are you an expert on something? Do you know other experts? Unite the introverts, and the extroverts who are willing, to join in digitally separately and in their own homes.
9. Attend a virtual summit. It’s the chance to (virtually) meet some of the leaders in your field.
10. If you don’t have an email list get on it girl and create one. Seriously. No messing here. If Facebook decided to start charging for your business page if Instagram shut your butt down, and if Twitter stopped twittering for you what would you do? Take some advice from my Southern grandma, “Well darlin’ put your eggs in the basket you’re carrying and not the one Timmy is carrying if you want them to get home safely.” (Timmy might fall down a well and get hurt while carrying your basket and though we know Lassie will save the day, your eggs are gonna get crushed.) In other words, own your own platform!
The Friendship Comparison
When it comes to building the Know factor of the KLT Method you gotta get out there and work it to get heard. It’s a freakin’ noisy social world these days! We’re constantly bombarded by things all the ding-dang-dong time. Seriously, once in a while a girl has to unplug and find her center. Usually, mine is made of coffee or maybe if I’m extra off-center a glass of wine. (Hey, if you ever taught 30 of your children all day long you would drink one or the other too.) Now that you’ve got your center back it’s time to get back to the ten steps you should take to increase your social media engagement.